Saturday, January 10, 2015

Incidental Big Year

In my first post of the year I talked about Dorian Anderson's Green Big Year in 2014 (check it out, he's continuing to blog about it!) and Noah Strycker's
Dorian's Green Big Year...courtesy of the man himself
Global Big year this year.  I think I shall do a big year too.  I shall call it the Incidental Big Year!  It could also be, the Lazy Big Year...or the little big year....What do you think?

So here are my rules: I'll go see every bird I can without breaking my duties as cat herder-in-chief,  while holding down a job and without overwhelming my spouse's sense of humor!  To the extent I can travel this year, I'll include bird walks and outings, which is not out of the ordinary.  This year, I'll make a bigger effort to connect with local birders in the places I visit. With local help I'll actually see birds I'd not otherwise see and I'll make new, and hopefully reconnect with old, friends. That last bit was one of the coolest things about Dorian's big year--his interactions with folks he met, and reconnected with, along the way.

That's it for this morning...off to herd the cats!




No comments:

Post a Comment